Keep your Italian Greyhound Entertained this Winter
Here are some great ways to keep your Italian Greyhound Entertained this winter, a busy dog is a happy dog!
- Treasure Hunt will keep your Italian Greyhound Entertained: Hide treats all over the house! They will love sniffing around to find them!
- Find it: take three cups and place treats under one (when s/he isn’t looking) then say ‘find it’ – watch as they get excited and find which cup has the treat under it
- Muffin Tin Hidden Treats: Take a 6 muffin tin and lace a treat in each cup, then a tennis ball in half of the cups. S/he will find the uncovered treats then eventually s/he will figure out that by knocking out the tennis balls more treats will be revealed. If they get good, move up to a 12 or 24 muffin tin and only place treats in some of the cups!
- Hide and Seek: our dogs love this, run around until you lose your dog then hide! When s/he finds you reward them (or jump out and say ‘boo’)
- Teach a dog a new trick: you can alter the Find it game and teach your dog a great trick! Place your keys in the cup then when they find the keys toss a treat to them. If you place it with the proper command, by the end of the winter your dog will be a key finding fiend!
This is an example of the muffin tin hidden treasure game that will keep your Italian Greyhound Entertained:
These are just some ideas! Keep your Italian Greyhound physically and mentally stimulated this winter with these or any other ideas you can think of! If you have a great idea that is not listed, feel free to write us below!
www.facebook.com/rompitaliangreyhoundrescue Like us on Facebook!