DIY Dog Projects
If you love your pets and you love crafts, you should check out these DIY dog projects to spoil and pamper your pooch! These three DIY dog projects are easy and your dog will love them – both are no-sew! Scissors and knots make it happen!
DIY Dog Bed
DIY Dog projects: A no-sew DIY dog bed
You will need:
2) 2 squares of t-shirt or polar fleece fabric. For the bed in the photo, 3 ft x 3 ft of fabric
3) Needles or safety pins to pin the faburic together
4) 1 elastic band
6) A pencil to trace the fabric
1) Fold both squares of fabric in 4. Pin the fabric so that it stays in place.
2) Take one of the folded square fabric and using your pencil trace a rounded shape. Like so :
3) Cut the fabric using the guideline you just traced.
4) Take the other folded piece of fabric and place the piece of fabric you just cut exactly on top. Trace the bottom square of fabric in a rounded circle and cut.
5) Unfold both squares of fabric. Once flat, place both equally cut circles on top of one another and pin the fabric together.
6) Cut fringes all around the circles (cutting both pieces at the same time) – try to make them all equal. Fringes should be approximately 1/2 inch by 2.5 inches.
7) Unpin the fabric. Take one of the circles – fold it in four to find the middle of the circle. Take your elastic and wrap it around at about 2.5 inches of the center.
8) Place that circle (elastic facing up) and put the other circle on top. Start tying both circles together by knotting the fringes together. Leave approximately 10 undone and start stuffing the bed. Here you can use the pillow stuffing and or old clothing you no longer wear.
9) Once stuffed to your liking, tie the rest of the fringe and VOILA !
A fabulous and comfortable DIY dog bed made without any sewing!
Thank you to Luigi & Me for this fabulous project
DIY Water-bottle Crinkle Dog Toy
DIY Dog projects: Save your money (and your water bottles) by creating a crinkle dog toy for your pooch! Similar products are between $5-15 at the pet store!
You will need:
1) Old sweater or sock
2) Empty water bottle (remove the label, cap, and ring)
1) Place the water bottle inside the arm of the sweater (or sock)
2) Cut the arm of the sweater arm so there is enough fabric on each end (cut the tip of the sock off)
3) Tie a knot at each end of the sweater (or sock) so it hugs the bottle tightly
4) Cut strips on each end of the knots
5) If your dog likes to chew – tie knots on the strips so they have something else to chew on
Thanks Irresistiblepets.net for this easy DIY dog toy project!
DIY Interactive Tennis Ball Dog Toy
DIY Dog projects
You will need:
1) Scissors or sharp knife
2) Tennis Ball
1) Cut either a cross or along part of the ‘s’ in the tennis ball
2) Put treats in and let your dog play with it!
Step 1 is to cut the tennis ball. This is one version of it and see below as an example of how it will dispense treats.
The image below is the cross or x cut for the DIY dog treat dispenser.
Thanks for this great (inexpensive) dog toy instructables!
ROMP Italian Greyhound Rescue has great pets available for adoption and we are always in need of foster families until the rescued pooches find their forever home. If you have room in your heart and home, contact us today to learn more about adopting or fostering these fabulous furry friends!