DIY Dog Jingle Collar
These whimsical, jester-like DIY dog jingle collar takes 15 minutes of machine-sewing and 45 minutes of hand-stitching to get the jingle bells on. Just the kind of thing you can work on while riding in the car or watching TV.
- 1/2 yard of polar fleece or other thick / stiff fabric; 60 inches wide
- 10 1/2″ jingle bells
- 14″ piece of 1/4″ elastic
DIY Dog Jingle Collar Steps
- Fold the fabric in half to form on long skinny rectangle 9″ x 60″. Make a mark every 6 inches, 4″ from the fold.
- Make a mark 3″ from the edge along the raw 60″ edge. Make a mark every 6″ from this first mark along the 60″ edge
- Sew in a sawtooth pattern to join the marks. The result should look like the diagram below
- Trim about 1/2″ from the seam you just sewed. Be sure to clip all the corners
- Turn the jagged tube right-side out.
- Feed the elastic through the tube and sew the two ends of the elastic together.
- Use a whip stitch to hand-sew the two ends of the collar together to form the round collar shape
- Sew a jingle bell on each of the 10 points
- Put it on your pup and bask in your DIY Jingle Bell Collar glory
Like us on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/ROMPItalianGreyhoundRescue